Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Putting Things Into Perspective

Isn't it nice of the Lord to put things into perspective for us. Like when we think something is a big deal and it really isn't, He is so quick to remind us what really is a big deal. And sometimes the Lord gives us glimpses of what He's teaching us before the lesson actually gets into full swing. You know like a trailer to a movie. This week has been a learning week for me. And I think it is just the beginning of an even bigger lesson. Learning times are not really what I desire, but I do know that the testing of my faith develops perseverance and perseverance must finish it's work so that I may be a mature and complete follower of Christ. And so I hold on in hope of seeing the end result...maturity in Christ. Seeing my sons loose a puppy seems so trivial today. (Henry seems pretty good...we'll keep you posted) In my last blog I shared how the Lord showed me the little analogy about holding on too tightly to my treasures. This week I am walking that out. It is a tear stained week. You know when everything you touch gets soggy with tears. And you are walking out of the grocery store and suddenly you realize you are crying. hm. Yes, I am that weirdo that you feel sorry for, but don't really know the right thing to say. I have to keep reminding myself that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Tonight we had a young adults ministry meeting at church. During worship I of course was trying not to snort while trying to be strategic about blotting my mascara so that at least I didn't look like I'd sobbed through every song. My hope really is in the Lord. And tonight I had to choose to worship Him even though I didn't really feel like it. (I am also learning to let my spirit rule over my emotions.) And I will say the Lord really does ride on the praises of His people. I am still sad, but I am full of hope. I am full of peace and I totally trust that the God I serve is so much bigger than my circumstances. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: