So, Angie Beth and Stephie have both tagged me to play this game and I've been putting it off, because I cannot come up with interesting information on the spot. My memory just fades and my mind is left blank....but I will now attempt to try really hard to come up with some juicy stuff. However, if I fail to be interesting please forgive me and never mention it again! Thanks for the courtesy.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. The nerves in my hands are connected. Oh yes. It makes it difficult for typing, holding hands, writing, waving, or really anything you do in which only one hand is meant to be doing a specific task. The problem is that one hand will for example be holding my husbands hand and the other needs to scratch my head...well, the hand holding hand tends to start trying to scratch too. This was a little awkward when we first were holding hands, but PK has grown to love the phenomenon.
2. I am pretty fanatical about my home being clean and in order. In fact, I cannot really function if it is not. My emotions seem to be tied to the cleanliness of my house. When Luke was little I would seriously sit and wait for him to stop playing with a toy so I could return it to its proper location. Thank the Lord (for the kids sake and my own) I've been delivered from hoovering and waiting to put toys away, but I do still have straighten the entire house multiple times a day.
3. This may seem very contradictory to #2, but I am severely unorganized. Please refrain from opening cabinets, closets or drawers around the Kemp house unless of course Patrick is in charge of that department. He is an excellent organizer. This is a point of frustration around here and PK has recommended more than once that I join a small group at our church that a lady (who is an incredible home organizer) teaches other ladies to be efficient and organized in the home. I'm sorry, but this seems like a nightmare for an unorganized person.....I really just would like someone to come and do it for me!!!
4. I do not like movies. I think the last movie that I saw in a theater was The Passion for the Christ and I only saw that because I was forced to. I just feel like they are a waste of time. And as far as renting movies goes....who can stay awake through one....not me! I'd rather sit and visit or read or do something productive. For all you movie buffs, I know what you are thinking....this girl is a total drag. But I am not. I am waaaay too into having fun and enjoying people than to waste 2 hours of my life sitting in a chair in a dark room staring at a screen with the volume up way too high.
5. I love mowing the yard. I think it is so rewarding to see such a transformation right before you very eyes. And to get beautiful straight lines (okay I'll admit not always so straight....but that is only because I have to look away so often to make sure the boys are not running into the street...safety first)! The gently hum of the lawn mower and the smell of freshly cut grass and the sweat dripping from your brow serving as a reminder of the challenge of the task at hand. I love it.
6. Suddenly, I've turned so opposed to showers. Just look at it this way...the less often you take one the better it feels when you do. And all the time it takes to do your hair and apply your makeup. I'm sorry this is just how I feel. The other day I realized that I'd only had one shower that week....Patrick was so proud :). I have even begun to sleep in my make-up from the day so that when I wake up in the morning I grab a baby wipe and remove the black from under my eyes and viola ready for the day! You should try it. (P.S. I do take showers after mowing the yard...come on I'm not that nasty!)
7. My sister is here proof reading my random facts and thought it very appropriate to mention that I tend to overreact. After sternly questioning her, "what do you mean overreact!!!" :) I decided to let you in on an old family secret. I am a little bit (or a lot depending on who you ask) of a drama queen.
8. I really like to be close to the ones I love. When I was little my mom referred to me often as her "shadow." Now I love to be right with Patrick. Wherever he goes I am totally there. I love just being together. The other day at a friends birthday party they had pony rides for the kids in the back yard. Patrick informed me after we got home that all the other parents just stood and watched as their children rode around the yard led by the pony's trainer...but not me I walked right along side my sweet babes, cheering them on telling them what "real" cowboys they were and taking great pictures. I did wonder why the horse lady looked at me weird when I asked where I should walk. I just don't want to miss a moment of life with the ones I love.
Okay, I think that is all I've got. Now, I don't think I have 8 left, but I will tag a few who I hope haven't been tagged yet....Amy T., Lanie, Katie, Kristine, and Amanda!