Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter is here.

I have loved sharing this Easter season with my boys. The wonder in their eyes and the concern in their hearts as we've discussed Palm Sunday and Good Friday and Easter has been such a joy. I have loved over hearing them recounting the events to one another as they lay in their beds trying to fall asleep. They love their Jesus and they are amazed at the price he paid for their lives. I have sensed such a tenderness in both of them as they soak in truth. I love telling Ben the story of Easter and watching his jaw drop and eyes pop as we find a stone rolled away and an empty tomb. The Easter bunny will come to our house on Sunday morning, and we will get dolled up for church and hunt for eggs, but the real message of Easter will be what makes our eyes pop and our jaws drop. Jesus is Alive!

No comments: